First long-range, affordable EV with customer-focused connectivity
LAS VEGAS (Wednesday, January 06, 2016) – Chevrolet is introducing the 2017 Bolt EV at the Consumer Electronics Show, fulfilling its promise to offer a long-range, affordable electric vehicle for the masses.
To watch the Bolt’s reveal live at the Consumer Electronics Show please click here
The Bolt EV, which will go into production by the end of 2016, will offer more than 320 kilometres of range on a full charge. It also features advanced connectivity technologies designed to enhance and personalize the driving experience.
“It was less than a year ago that we revealed the Bolt EV concept and promised to deliver a long-range electric vehicle attainable by the masses.
The Bolt EV is capable of using the latest mobile app technology to enable car sharing, advanced GPS routing and gamification, all designed to enhance the ownership experience now and into the future.” — GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra
Connectivity Simplifies Ownership Experience
The Bolt EV benefits directly from the suggestions and ideas of Volt owners and features technologies that make owning a long-range electric vehicle easy.
The Bolt EV’s connectivity innovations will provide smart, personalized solutions for managing the driving experience. For example, in the future an accurate driving range projection will be based on the time of day, topography, weather and the owner’s driving habits.
Bluetooth low-energy – designed specifically for the Bolt EV to minimize energy draw – seamlessly connects a smart phone to the car while the owner approaches the vehicle.
Many of the Bolt EV’s driver-focused technologies are supported by OnStar 4G LTE, which turns the Bolt EV into a Wi-Fi hotspot, giving owners easier access to apps and services via a high-speed wireless connection.
Other connectivity and infotainment features include:
- 10.2’’ MyLink colour touch-screen display
- Customizable, widget-based “flip-board style” operation
- Rear Camera Mirror
- Rear-facing camera provides a wide-angle view of the environment behind the vehicle.
- Surround Vision
- Provides a bird’s-eye view of what’s around the Bolt EV for improved safety during low-speed driving and when parking.
- All-New MyChevrolet Mobile App: Combines important owner and vehicle information and functions, such as:
- Vehicle charge status
- OnStar Map service
- Remote start
- Cabin pre-conditioning
- Owner’s manual information
- EV Navigation Mapping
- EV-specific navigation capability that designs routes to maximize range and provide locations of nearby charging station locations if needed.
- In the future, Bolt EV owners will be able to “compete” by comparing driving styles to determine who is driving most efficiently.
The Bolt EV will be built at GM’s Orion (Mich.) Assembly facility, near Detroit.
About Chevrolet in Canada
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 115 countries and selling more than 4.8 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.ca, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/chevroletcanada or by following @ChevroletCanada on Twitter.